The following measures are designed to ensure that the NIS maintains its core business (the payment of benefits) and other services to the public:
National Insurance and COVID-19
As the National Insurance Department (NID) continues to monitor developments surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), several measures have been employed to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading the virus. These measures are also being implemented to protect the health of our staff and customers.
- Educated and advised staff of the need to exercise continued hygienic practices.
- Cleansed, sanitized and disinfected areas frequently
- Increased hand sanitizers in the Customer Service areas
- Placed educational information in strategic areas to remind customers to maintain healthy and hygienic practices.
- Refined the Business Continuity Plan to ensure the NID maintains its core business (the payment of benefits)
- Examined measures to ensure that teams can work remotely where necessary
Please be reminded however that you should continue to maintain the following practices:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, for 20 to 40 seconds.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue and disposing of that tissue into a closed bin.
- Disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
Those persons claiming the unemployment benefit will be required to complete the online declaration form and submit it along with a scanned copy/photo of their Termination of Service/ Lay-off Certificates/U3.
Alternatively, a drop box will be provided at the E. Humphrey Walcott Building.
All Other Claims
Customers are required to use the drop-box facilities at the front and back of the Frank Walcott Building to submit their claim forms for sickness/injury benefits, maternity benefit/grant, invalidity benefits and medical and travelling expenses.
Employers should submit their contribution schedules via the NIS Online Portal and make their payments through the EZpay+ facility.
To access the Online Portal, employers can register by:
- Visiting the official website www.nis.gov.bb
- Downloading the Employer Online Social Security Form and completing it
- Ensuring the company stamp is affixed
- Scanning and sending the completed form to email@example.com
The NIS Online Portal also offers employers additional benefits such as viewing the details of earnings reported, reviewing and correcting any errors and checking the balance of contributions paid.
Payment of Contributions
To make payments by credit card or direct debit:
- Go to www.gov.bb and click on the EZPay+ icon,
- Create an account and
- Add National Insurance to the service account. A help link is also located on the page to assist employers with the submission of schedules.
Customers applying for clearance certificate may do so via its official email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are required to provide your NIS number, purpose of the clearance certificate and upload a signed letter. The approved clearance certificate will be returned via email.
Employers, the self-employed and individuals registering for an NIS number should place the completed form along with the original documents in a sealed envelope. Those persons can use the drop box facilities and collect their documents and receive their NIS number in two (2) working days.
Claimants of NIS benefits can filled out the from the website, scan copies of the header of the bank statement and submit.
Queries will continue to be facilitated through our Contact Centre using the NIS Telephone number, 467-4647 or e-mail us at email@example.com
The National Insurance Department thanks you for your co-operation and urges you to continue to maintain healthy and hygienic practices.